Day 3 Vermont

Holly, Angie, Marly, Wendy and I have had a superb time staying at the home of Donna and Henry Isaacs while taking Celie’s workshop in Bethel. We each took the responsibility to plan and provide food for one dinner, and we have had enough leftovers to pack a lunch for the next day. We have had a lot of laughs, and eaten a lot of good food without being overwhelmed at any time by kitchen duties. It’s going to be hard to get back to cooking every night and even harder to say good bye.
On the way to class on Monday, Holly and I took a detour past Celie’s to see the farm belonging to Davis Dimock. (The guy spends a lot of time with stones!) It is always a treat to see someone use natural elements to create sculpture in natural surroundings. Before we even got to the land, we stopped to take in the wonder of a field of cobwebs in the morning mist.

This pond was my favorite part of the little bit of property we saw.

Celie is sure we will be able to close a gap like this in a bezel of unfired PMC! (She was right.)

Wendy works for the National Mango Board. In a preview to her fabulous meal, we all got a lesson in how to choose and cut the best mangos. (Did you know that every mango has a “nose?” Also called the “eye?” It indicates where the pit is, in case you didn’t already know)

We still have a full class today to finish up our pendants and trade information before heading off in numerous directions to pick up our lives where we left off on Friday.


Filed under Uncategorized

4 responses to “Day 3 Vermont

  1. Susan White

    So glad you’re having such a great time…mangos, jewelry, and friends!!


  2. jackiehaines

    I love your photos! I hope your travels are going well. I made it home by 11:30 last night and I’m still feeling exhausted this morning. Re-entry is always a bit difficult after a long stretch of creativity, especially when combined with such a great group of women!


    • fernald244

      Hi Jackie,
      You must have been tired last night. I had such weird mixed feelings when I left at 5:30. So happy to be headed home and simultaneously missing the group experience. I stayed at the Ramada in Saco last night and stopped in a few stores today like JoAnne Fabrics and A.C. Moore. When I stopped at A.C. Moore in Augusta (an impulse exit when I saw it from the highway) I totally scored some Studio Sculpey. Same with the store in Bangor, but not at JoAnne’s. Didn’t bother with the Craft Barn, but maybe you will find some there. Re-entry on the 4:30 boat felt good, but I am restless! By the end of tomorrow I might be back to normal…whatever that is!


  3. jackiehaines

    I have to confess that I took a NAP yesterday! Boy, was I tired by 1pm. I scored some sculpey at the Craftbarn (and a few paints, can you believe it?). They have mostly new Sculpey but there are a few packages left of the toxic stuff. I think I have enough to last a while now…I hope someone in the community figures something out before the toxic clay is all gone!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s