And no photos to show for it.
Yesterday, I combined different brands and colors of polymer clay together, working with a variety of green colors. I hoped to get a layering effect with some of the translucent clay. The colors were darker than I expected after firing. Some of the pieces I expected to be translucent were not. I used mostly Premo yesterday afternoon, and one of the alcohol inks I used was a citrus green. After I fired those beads, the light green clay looked like pee! I have forgotten a lot of what I used to know about polymer.
Today, I decided to get a little more organized. I kept the Pardo translucent separate from the Premo translucent. I tinted each one with the same color ink. I made similar earrings to see how the two clays differ. I haven’t fired this batch yet, so I’ll wait to do that tomorrow and take more photos then. One thing I do know, I like the feel of the Premo translucent clay much better than the Pardo. Pardo was dry and crumbly, and took much longer to condition.
In the meantime, I’ll post some photos of lobster bait at the Cranberry Isles Fishermen’s Co-op.
I know. It’s pretty random.
Redfish racks. Yum.
Some bait gets so old, it can’t even be given away!
And some bait gets left behind, unintentionally.